Port Williams Recreation Dept.
I am back in the office and excited to get some programs up and running. As you can imagine, due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, we have had to make some changes on how we deliver our programs. The Village has only recently reopened the Community Centre to the public and we have adopted many protocols to ensure that we are keeping the community and our staff safe.
- Laura Jacobs, Recreation Director
Monday @ 7:00-8:00 pm
Thursday @ 7:00-8:00pm
Instructor - Lisa Quintin
Pre-registration is now required - max capacity 20 students (unfortunately we will not be able to accommodate drop-in opportunities at this time).
6 week session - $20.00 (payment due at first class and there will be no refunds for missed classes)
Mondays 7:00pm - Sept 21 - Nov 2 (no class Oct 12) - FULL
Thursdays 7:00pm - Sept 24 - Oct 28 - FULL
(Upcoming sessions will be posted soon!)
- You will be required to bring your own mat and blocks/supports. We will no longer be able to loan equipment and in an effort to reduce contact surfaces, everything you bring into the space must stay with you (no coat hangers/boot racks, etc)
- We will have marked sports to place your mats, these locations are pre-measured to insure proper physical distancing. We ask that you fill in the available spots starting at the back of the room and work your way towards the entry, this is to properly manage the flow of traffic. Similar on exit, we ask that those closest to the door exit first and respect social distancing.
- Please wear a mask on entry into the building, once you are on your mat you can remove your mask. We ask that you wear your mask as you leave as well.
- We ask that you use the hand sanitizer provided when you enter and exit the space.
- You will sign your name and phone number on entry (for tracking purposes)
- If you or a direct family member are unwell, please do not come to class.
Wednesday @ 10:00am
Stretch and breath in this gentle yoga class- we use the chair for support in seated and standing postures, making this accesible for all levels.
Port Williams Active Living:
This program run by students of the Acadia University Exercise Training Practicum. They focus on improving health through aerobic, flexibility and strength exercise. Seniors of all abilities are welcome!
Details coming soon for in-person programming
Indoor Walking Group:
Every Monday and Friday at 9:00 a.m. (runs year round)
Find your own pace and rhythm to the tunes of rock and roll. Port Williams Community Centre.
(currently suspended due to COVID protocols)
Monthly community fundraiser
Trivia nights are informal, fun, competitions where teams battle to see who has the greatest knowledge of matters trivial. General knowledge and trivial interest questions are asked by our outstanding trivia host and the winners are the team which, at the end of the night, have correctly answered the most number of questions!
Stay tuned for updates! We are hoping to come back together in the Community Centre very soon
Remembrance Service - November 2020 - stay tuned
Tree Lighting & Community Social - November 2020 - stay tuned
Winter Frolic Fun Run- February 2021
Port Williams Days - June 2021
Groups and Organizations
Port Williams Scotiables Run/Walk Club:
Tuesdays @ 6:30pm and Saturdays @ 8:30am.
We would like to welcome runners of ALL levels (beginner to hardcore) as well as walkers to our club. Membership is FREE! We meet twice a week at the Port Williams Community Centre (youth room). Come when you can, make some friends, and become part of an active community of movers. Match up your pace and goals with others in the club. Return to a common space and socialize as a group. All runners/walkers will be self directed and choose to run/walk at their own risk.
DanceTime at Port Williams
A social dance club comprised of people interested in both Standard and Latin ballroom dancing. They meet to dance Sunday afternoons from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Port Williams Community Centre. In addition to their regular practice sessions, they also host several dances throughout the year: a Christmas and Spring Dance, and some other Theme dances in between.
Free unstructured playtime Tuesday's at 10:00am- for infants up to preschoolers. An opportunity for parents/guardians to connect and kids to play, it's a win-win!
Location: Port Williams Baptist Church
Contact: Vanessa Gennette
Port Williams Soccer Association
Community Soccer program for kids from 5 to 9
For Facility Rental Booking/Info contact:
Newcombe Soccer Fields (behind School)
Laura Jacobs, Recreation Director
Outdoor Rink - 1400 Belcher Street Pond
The pond is lit for night use and has a changing room.
Benedict Soccer Field
Hwy 358/Main Street:
Port Williams Park
located at 1084 Highway 358