The Village of Port Williams is located in the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia’ between and to the north of the towns of Wolfville and Kentville. The residents of Port Williams enjoy life in a thriving and picturesque Village. An agricultural community Port Williams has excellent schools, continuous residential growth, business opportunities, fine recreational facilities, easy access to other amenities, all surrounded by the beauty of Minas Basin tides and dyke lands. Its history is rich with the legacy of the Mi’kmaq. Acadians, and Planters. Its future is bright with the promise of those who choose to live, work and raise their families here. The Village of Port Williams is hiring a Chief Administrative Officer / Village Clerk and is inviting anyone with a passion for local government and a desire to improve the lives of residents and encourage economic growth to apply.
Reporting to the Village Commission the Clerk is responsible to:
- Perform the statutory duties of the Village Clerk as contained in the Municipal Government’s Act
- Supervise staff and provide organizational leadership
- Monitor and manage Public Works; Development Regulations; Fire Department; Emergency Preparedness Plan; and the delivery of services to residents and businesses to ensure the effective utilization of the human, financial and physical resources of the Village
- Act as the principle advisor to the Village Commission the development of public policy
- Provide the Village Commission with all relevant information required to make informed decisions
- Ensure organizational strategies, plans and initiatives are aligned with the Village Commission’s vision, values, and priorities
- In coordination with the Village’s Financial Officer develop a detailed capital and operating budget, forecast and long-term financial plans for approval of the Commission and monitor all financial activities of the Village
This is a fulltime position with excellent compensation and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The ideal candidate will have Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Commerce, Public Administration, or in a related field, and experience working with elected officials, appointed or volunteer boards. The ideal candidate will have at least five (5) years' experience in a senior municipal or comparable administrative position. The ideal candidate will also have proven interpersonal, leadership, written and verbal communication skills. Other candidates will be considered who possess an equivalent combination of experience and training acceptable to the Village.
If you are interested in an opportunity to become part of our team please submit a covering letter and resume. The letter and resume should clearly outline how you meet the qualifications for this position and why you want to work for the Village of Port Williams, and provide at least two (2) professional references to:
Applicants are to submit their letter and resume electronically to email@example.com by Friday, July 30, 2021.
We thank all applicants and advise only those considered for an interview will be contacted.